Location: New Castle
Department: DON Management
The Assistant Controller, reporting directly to the CFO, will assist in all financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Assist in the direct financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all parts of the organization.
- Assist in direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control utilization of financial resources.
- Prepare financial statements, management reports, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives and current accounting standards.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating in the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending, and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Assist in all aspects of employee insurance, benefits, and casualty programs, including monitoring changes in health insurance regulations and creating budgets for benefits and worker’s compensation.
- Prepare reconciliations for monthly and annual closings. Make adjusting journal entries when necessary.
- Provide Individual and Systems Advocacy on issues that will promote the independence, integration, and full community participation of persons with disabilities.
Employee will request direction for non-routine tasks but is expected to exercise judgment and authority consistent with procedures or routine behavior.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and two years to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, e-mail, or in person. Ability to write, enter, transcribe, record, store, and maintain information in written or electronic form. Ability to speak effectively before groups of consumers or employees of the organization.
Ability to solve problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent communication and public relations skills, independent means of travel. Aptitude for using computer tools reliably.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment is generally office but travel is required.