Location: New Castle
Department: DON Management
The Plumber for DON Management will assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Fill pipe or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Direct and engage in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation or plumbing systems or components.
- Maintain or repair plumbing by replacing defective washers, replacing, or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angles, using hand or power tools or machines, such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Review blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Anchor steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Estimate time, material, or labor costs for use in project plans.
- Install underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing.
- Inspect structures to assess material or equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, or to plan installation around obstructions, such as electrical wiring.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
Employee will request direction for non-routine tasks but is expected to exercise judgment and authority consistent with procedures or routine behavior.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years to five years related experience and/or training in plumbing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, e-mail, or in person. Ability to write, enter, transcribe, record, store, and maintain information in written or electronic form. Ability to speak effectively before groups of consumers or employees of the organization.
Ability to solve problems with knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics and their applications.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings or other similar structures. Understanding of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee will possess the ability to bend, stoop, crawl and stretch.
Employee will have the physical ability to use job specific tools and apply all ranges of motion to properly handle said tools.